Sometimes, either due to daily use or an incident, our sofa may have some stains and need to be cleaned.
Here are some tips to bear in mind before you start cleaning.
- If you are going to wash the covers in the washing machine, we recommend you to first do a test wash with one cover only before washing them all (and only if your fabric allows machine washing). Keep in mind that in order to protect the zippers or velcro during the washing process, you should put the cover inside out to avoid damages to the fabric.
- If the fabric allows it, the best option is always dry cleaning. You can also use a steam cleaner, protecting the fabric with a cotton cloth.
- If you want to clean the sofa for daily maintenance, the best way is using a damp cloth to remove dust and avoid accumulating dirt.
- In the case of specific stains, we recommend you to use a damp cloth with a little neutral soap (you can mix water with neutral soap in a spray bottle) and gently rub in circular motions on the stain. If the stain remains, let the water dry and repeat this process several times until it disappears completely.
- It is important to know that, if your fabric is made with chenille, it is normal that with time and use, some slight marks with a different shade may appear.
- Even with all these tips, it is important to respect the washing guidelines recommended by each fabric manufacturer. You will find all the information related to cleaning on the label located in the base of your sofa or armchair.
- You can also consult the Fabric Collections section of our website and access the technical specifications of each one.